High school dropout situation: why, and what can be done?
'Left Behind: Dropping Out' explores the reasons kids drop out of school and what can be done about it. The special is part of American Graduate: Let's Make it Happen, a public media initiative supported by the CPB. Hosted by Andrea Seabrook for WNPR and PRX.
More from MPR
- High school dropouts: Should we let them go?
November 4, 2012
- Rethinking middle school
August 26, 2012
- Obama proposal to raise dropout age falls flat
June 16, 2012
- Report: US high school graduation rate improves
March 19, 2012
- NAACP seeks to mount shakeup in US education
December 7, 2012
- President's remarks buoy supporters of raising dropout age
January 25, 2012