IQ2 debate: Are elected Islamists better than dictators?
The Intelligence Squared US debate looks at the popular uprisings of Arab Spring and considers the leadership of Islamist majorities. Will there be radicalization and increased anti-Americanism in the region, or will the spread of democratic values bring about a more liberalized Arab world?
- FOR: Reuel Marc Gerecht: Senior fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- FOR: Brian Katulis: Senior fellow, Center for American Progress
- AGAINST: M. Zuhdi Jasser: Founder and president, American Islamic Forum for Democracy
- AGAINST: Daniel Pipes: President, Middle East Forum
- John Donvan: Moderator. Author and correspondent, ABC News