Weekend festival roundup
It's the time of the week we look around the state for what's happening this weekend in our Friday Festival.
• This week we head west, to the town of Elbow Lake, Minn., which is celebrating its quasquicentennial (its 125th anniversary) with its annual Flekkefest celebration.
Flekkefest, which goes on all weekend in Elbow Lake, features too many activities to list here. There will be fireworks over Flekkefjord Lake on Friday night and a parade featuring the University of Minnesota marching band starting at 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Elsewhere, it's a cultural potpourri, with the Fisherman's Picnic in Grand Marais; the Giant Celebration in LeSueur; Canadian Days in Little Canada; and the Fringe Festival throughout the Twin Cities.
• It's a big weekend for art with the Powderhorn, Loring Park and Uptown Art Fairs in Minneapolis.
• And if you tastes are more melodic, it's the 30th annual WeFest Country music festival in Detroit Lakes and the first annual Bayfront Jam in Duluth.
- All Things Considered, 08/03/2012, 4:54 p.m.