Aspen Ideas Festival: IQ2 debate on fracking
The Intelligence Squared debate series was staged at the Aspen Ideas Festival to debate the motion, "No Fracking Way: The Natural Gas Boom is Doing More Harm Than Good." Two experts on each side debated the pros and cons of natural gas development and the hydraulic fracturing technology used to extract natural gas.
- FOR: Deborah Goldberg: Managing attorney, Earthjustice. Formerly at NYU Law School.
- FOR: Katherine Hudson: Watershed program director, Riverkeeper.
- AGAINST: Joe Nocera: Op-ed columnist, New York Times
- AGAINST: Sue Tierney: Managing principal, Analysis Group. Former assistant secretary for policy, US Department of Energy.
More from MPR
- Experts: Some fracking critics use bad science
July 23, 2012
- Study investigating fracking's effects on drinking water
July 11, 2012
- MPR News Primer: Frac sand mining
March 8, 2012
- The Fracking Boom: Missing Answers
May 19, 2012
- Frac sand sediment spills into St. Croix River
May 18, 2012
- Silica sand mining moratorium in Winona County expires
May 1, 2012
- Study ties oil, gas production to Midwest quakes
April 7, 2012
- Farmland holds wealth in sand mining boom
February 9, 2012
- Geology and history put fracking sand in southeastern Minnesota
December 12, 2011