Aspen Ideas Festival: Why Women Still Can't Have it All
Anne-Marie Slaughter speaks at the Aspen Ideas Festival about her controversial cover story in The Atlantic, "Why Women Still Can't Have it All." She's interviewed by television journalist Katie Couric. Random House announced Tuesday it's publishing her book on the same subject in 2014.
- Anne-Marie Slaughter: Anne-Marie Slaughter is Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University. From 2009-2011 she served as Director of Policy Planning for the United States Department of State, the first woman to hold that position. Upon leaving the State Department she received the Secretary's Distinguished Service Award for her work leading the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, as well as a Meritorious Honor Award from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and a Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award from the Supreme Allied Commander for Europe. Prior to her government service, Dr. Slaughter was the Dean of Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs from 2002-0009. She has written or edited six books, including A NEW WORLD ORDER (2004) and THE IDEA THAT IS AMERICA: KEEPING FAITH WITH OUR VALUES IN A DANGEROUS WORLD (2007)
- Katie Couric: Moderator at Aspen Ideas Festival. Best-selling author and television journalist. Co-anchor of NBC Today Show for 15 years. First female solo anchor of the CBS Evening News. Now special correspondent for ABC News and this fall will host a new syndicated daytime talk show, "Katie."
More from MPR
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Vin Weber and Melody Barnes on the issues that divide us
July 16, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Will the European Union survive?
July 16, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: reasons to be pessimistic about the economy
July 11, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Admiral Mike Mullen on role of military superpower
July 10, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: panel on the health care ruling
July 6, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Michael Kranish on 'The Real Romney'
July 5, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival: A history of Independence Day
July 3, 2012
- Aspen Ideas Festival
- The Atlantic, "Why Women Still Can't Have it All."
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, Princeton University