Drugs eyed after child drinks gas, dies
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Investigators are trying to determine whether illegal drugs played a role in the death of a 2-year-old Dane County girl who drank gasoline.
Court documents say the girl's 4-year-old brother was found to have cocaine in his system
According to three search warrants filed Wednesday, a doctor at UW Hospital told investigators that a presumptive blood test on the boy Sunday found a positive result for the presence of cocaine.
The warrants say the boy told a doctor at UW Hospital that he and his sister had gone out to a car, locked themselves in and drank gasoline.
The girl died early Sunday night. The sheriff's office tells the Wisconsin State Journal the boy has been put into foster care. Autopsy results on the girl are pending.
Information from: Wisconsin State Journal