For and against the gay marriage amendment
Maggie Gallagher of the Institute for Marriage and Public Policy and Dale Carpenter of the University of Minnesota Law School debate gay marriage at a University of St. Thomas forum at the Murphy Institute for Catholic Thought, Law and Public Policy.
- Maggie Gallagher: President of the Institute on Marriage and Public Policy. Co-founder of the National Organization for Marriage.
- Dale Carpenter: Professor of civil rights and civil liberties law, University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- MPR News Primer: The marriage amendment
May 1, 2013
- Calif. same-sex marriage ban's path to Supreme Court unclear
February 8, 2012
- Ballot groups report marriage amendment fundraising tallies
February 1, 2012
- about Maggie Gallagher, Institute for Marriage and Public Policy
- about Dale Carpenter, University of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas Murphy Institute for Catholic Thought, Law and Public Policy
- Feb 2012 gay marriage debate at University of Minnesota Duluth
- "Hot Topics: Cool Talk" series at University of St. Thomas