Midday's Council of Economic Advisors co-chairs Chris Farrell and Louis Johnston
Chris Farrell and Louis Johnston join Gary Eichten to discuss the state of the national and local economy, and answer questions from the audience.
- Louis Johnston: Economics professor, St. John's University and College of St. Benedict. Revisor and co-author of "Principles of Economics" by Ben Bernanke and Robert Frank.
- Chris Farrell: Economics editor, APM's Marketplace Money. Economics correspondent, Marketplace. Contributing economics editor, Bloomberg Business Week. Weekly column in the Star Tribune. Author of "Right on the Money: Taking Control of Your Personal Finances," "Deflation: What Happens When Prices Fall," and "The New Frugality: How to Consume Less, Save More and Live Better." Graduate of Stanford and the London School of Economics.
More from MPR
- Weekly jobless claims plummet, lowest since 2008
January 19, 2012
- Factory output soared in December, lifting economy
January 18, 2012
- What's slowing the growth of health care costs?
January 16, 2012
- Real estate market shows pulse, but not yet roaring back to life
January 11, 2012
- Chris Farrell's outlook for the economy in 2012
December 30, 2011
- Year-end personal finance questions answered on Midday
December 6, 2011
- Economics and personal finance at the State Fair
September 1, 2011