Are grandma's benefits imperiling junior's future?
A special rebroadcast from NPR's Intelligence Squared U.S. debate series. Two teams of debaters square off over the proposition that entitlement programs for seniors are saddling future generations with unmanageable debt.
- Howard Dean: Former Democratic National Committee Chairman and Governor of Vermont.
- Margaret Hoover: Fox News Commentator and Author of "American Individualism."
- Jeff Madrick: Former economics columnist for The New York Times, and current editor of Challenge Magazine.
- Mort Zuckerman: Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of U.S. News & World Report.
More from MPR
- Do too many kids go to college?
December 5, 2011
- Would the world be better off without religion?
November 28, 2011
- Should Congress pass Pres. Obama's jobs bill?
November 17, 2011
- Debate: Do men still dominate society?
October 27, 2011
- Is it time to end the war on terror?
September 14, 2011