What does end of Iraq war and Gadhafi's death mean for Middle East?
The Middle East continues to undergo major changes with the recent death of Moammar Gadhafi, growing protests in Syria, and the planned withdrawal of all American troops from Iraq by year's end. Former Ambassador to Yemen Barbara Bodine will discuss the shifting dynamics in the region and the significance of these recent events.
- Barbara Bodine: Director of the Scholars in the Nation's Service Initiative at Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Bodine spent 30 years in the State Department, focused primarily on the Middle East. She was U.S. ambassador to Yemen from 1997-2001.
More from MPR
- Obama: Gadhafi, Iraq show renewed US leadership
October 22, 2011
- UN wants probe into Gadhafi's 'disturbing' death
October 21, 2011
- At UN, Obama sees 'no short cut to peace' for Israelis, Palestinians
September 21, 2011
- Rock the Casbah
September 6, 2011
- US pulls envoy out of Syria over security concerns
October 24, 2011
- Clinton to Iran: Don't misread departure from Iraq
October 23, 2011