10th anniversary reflections from author of 9/11 Commission report
Broadcast: Midday, 09/07/2011, 11:00 a.m.
Minnesota native Michael Hurley led CIA and US Special Forces in Afghanistan right after 9/11, and was senior counsel and counterterrorism investigator for the 9/11 Commission. What have we learned since 9/11 and the investigations that followed?
- Michael Hurley: Attorney and president of Team 3i, an international strategy company. Career CIA operations officer. Senior counsel and co-author of the 9/11 Commission final report. Directed the counterterrorism policy investigation for the 9/11 Commission. Counterterrorism advisor to the State Department and to the Nuclear Threat Initiative. Senior director of policy for the 9/11 Public Discourse Project. National Security Council director for the Balkans. Minnesota native and member of the Edina High School Hall of Fame.
More from MPR
- Chairs of 9/11 Commission say US slow to deal with homegrown terrorism threat
September 10, 2010
- Terrorism and its goals
November 13, 2006
- Witnesses to Terror: The 9/11 Hearings
September 7, 2011
- 9/11 Commission Report
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
- American RadioWorks documentary Witnesses to Terror