Former legislative leaders discuss state budget stalemate
Broadcast: Midday, 07/13/2011, 11:00 a.m.
Longtime Senate DFL Majority Leader Roger Moe and former Republican Senate Minority Leader Duane Benson weigh in on Minnesota's budget stalemate and ways to possibly break the deadlock between Gov. Mark Dayton and Republican legislative leaders.
- Roger Moe: Former DFL State Senator (1971-2002). Majority Leader for 22 years. Unsuccessful candidate for Governor 2002. Now president of National Strategies, Inc.
- Duane Benson: Executive Director, Minnesota Early Learning Foundation. Former executive director of the Minnesota Business Partnership. Former Republican State Senator (1980-1994) and Senate Minority Leader. Played pro football for the Oakland Raiders, Houston Oilers and Atlanta Falcons.
More from MPR
- Who is to blame if govt. shuts down? Lawmakers stay mum
June 29, 2011
- Former leaders tell the inside story of budget negotiations
May 20, 2011
- Roger Moe on proposals to amend the constitution
May 6, 2011
- Minn. political vets: Let retired judges run redistricting
March 8, 2011