Reporter kidnapped by the Taliban tells his story
New York Times foreign correspondent David Rohde and his wife, Kristin Mulvihill, speak at the Aspen Ideas Festival about their new book, "A Rope and A Prayer: A Kidnapping From Two Sides." The book is their shared account of Rohde's kidnapping and imprisonment by the Taliban for seven months, and Mulvihill's efforts to free him.
More from MPR
- Afghan war's deadly toll on US forces hasn't eased
July 2, 2011
- Minn. National Guard unit to help Afghans rebuild agriculture economy
June 30, 2011
- Obama: 30,000-plus surge troops leaving Afghanistan
June 22, 2011
- Troops: What does bin Laden's death mean to war?
June 6, 2011
- Women's rights in today's Afghanistan
May 31, 2011
- Pakistan has
May 2, 2011