Public weighs in on state taxes and spending
Legislators return to the capitol Tuesday after hearing from constituents during the recess. In dozens of Citizens League public meetings and MPR on-line forums, citizens have weighed in on priorities for government spending and taxes. The convenors report back. How do these ideas compare with yours?
- Pam Wheelock: Former Minnesota Finance Commissioner, Governor Ventura administration. Now Vice President, Bush Foundation.
- Stacy Becker: Project director, Citizens League "Common Cents" project. Former budget director for City of St. Paul and for the City and County of San Francisco. Former public works director, City of St. Paul.
- Michael Caputo: Analyst, Public Insight Journalism, Minnesota Public Radio.
More from MPR
- Minnesota's budget deficit: A stalemate with a deadline
April 25, 2011
- GOP leader: Room for budget compromise, but not on taxes
April 20, 2011
- Dayton: GOP not being honest about effects of budget cuts
April 19, 2011
- MPR "Insight Now" debate on the budget/taxes
- Citizens League "Common Cents" project
- Bush Foundation website