War as a workplace: inside Libya as a reporter and a hostage
New York Times reporter Anthony Shadid is back in the U.S. after he and 3 colleagues were kidnapped by the Libyan government, brutalized and released after six days. Today, Shadid returns to Midmorning to share his story. Plus we check in with reporters still covering the conflict in Libya.
- Anthony Shadid: NY Times reporter and freed Libyan hostage.
- David Kirkpatrick: Reporter for the New York Times.
- Clare Morgana Gillis: Freelance reporter for The Atlantic.
- Lourdes Garcia-Navarro: Reporter for NPR.
- About Anthony Shadid
- Story of Shadid's captivity
- Stories by David Kirkpatrick
- About Lourdes Garcia-Navarro
- Stories by Clare Morgana Gillis