Road closures due to floodingby Nancy Lebens, Minnesota Public Radio
St. Paul, Minn. — Here's a roundup of road closures around the state.
• Hwy 41 bridge over the Minnesota River at Chaska
• Highway 101 near Shakopee.
• A section of Highway 22 between Mankato and St. Peter.
• Highway 19 west of Henderson.
• Highway 19 from Highway 169 to Henderson.
• Highway 93 from Highway 169 to Henderson.
• Highway 93 from Highway 169 into LeSueur.
• The northbound lane of Highway 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur.
• US 65 between Newton Avenue and Garfield Avenue in Albert Lea.
The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Highway 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads, due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River.
Highway 169 between Pioneer Trail and County Road 18 in Shakopee will be restriped Thursday at 7 p.m., northbound first, then southbound at 10 p.m. It will reopen by 5 a.m. Friday. MnDOT is adding a lane on either side to help with traffic being rerouted to Highway 169 from highways closed by flooding.
MnDOT officials say motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and spend up to 90 days in jail for violating the road closures. And, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Nancy Lebens is an editor for MPR News.