Wisconsin stalemate: labor's future
Broadcast: Midmorning, 02/24/2011, 9:06 a.m.
As Wisconsin politicians navigate their next moves, the outcome of the budget-labor battle may impact the labor movement for the next generation. Will unions, and public opinion of them, become weaker or stronger?
- Charles Franklin: Professor of Political Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Richard Hurd: Professor of Labor Studies at Cornell University joins us from Ithaca, NY
- Steve Greenhouse: NY Times reporter and author of The Big Squeeze, Tough Times for the American Worker.
More from MPR
- Wisconsin stalemate: Who will blink first?
- Sources in Wisconsin offer their impressions of recent protests, issues behind them
- No Wis. Democrats present for Senate session again