The recession that just won't quit
Broadcast: Midmorning, 02/18/2011, 9:06 a.m.
While the recession technically ended 8 months ago, the economy has no clear path to a sustained recovery. How will consumer spending gain traction? What will lead companies to hire more? How will American innovation be impacted in the future?
- Mark Thoma: Economics Professor at the University of Oregon.
- Justin Lahart: Writer with the Wall Street Journal.
- Harold Meyerson: Columnist with the Washington Post.
More from MPR
- Census: In recession, more grandparents raising grandkids
- In a dark recession, green jobs grow strong in greater Minnesota
- Self-employed taking a hit in the recession
- About Professor Thoma
- Lahart story: Productivity Could Be An Illusion
- Meyerson story: What's Holding Back The U.S. Economy?