Man charged in first Mpls. homicide of 2011by Brandt Williams, Minnesota Public Radio
Minneapolis — The Hennepin County Attorney's office filed a second degree murder charge against a Blaine man in connection with the first homicide of the year in Minneapolis.
Arnold Waukazo, 40, is charged with killing Christopher Bates, 45, of Minneapolis earlier this month.
According to the murder complaint, Waukazo and Bates had been dating. The complaint says on the night of Jan. 6, Waukazo went to Bates' Minneapolis apartment with a bottle of brandy. According to the complaint, an argument ensued and Waukazo says he strangled and stabbed Bates.