Hear President Obama's speech on repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
Broadcast: Midday, 12/22/2010, 11:00 a.m.
Minnesota Congressman Tim Walz (D-1st district) attended the signing ceremony and joins Midday to discuss gays serving openly in the military, as well as the previous integration of blacks and women in the military.
- Barack Obama: President of the United States
- Tim Walz: US Representative (D-Minn) 1st district
More from MPR
- Gay ban repealed, but restrictions remain
December 20, 2010
- McCain calls Pentagon's gays in military study flawed
December 2, 2010
- Pentagon study: Gays could serve with no harm
November 30, 2010
- Generation gap divides troops on gays in military
October 31, 2010