Researchers dig deep to understand how we learn
As schools across the country convened for the year, a New York Times story surveyed the recent research into how we learn and retain new information. The findings could change how teachers reach students effectively.
- Henry "Roddy" Roediger, III: James McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of Psychology at Washington University in St. Louis, Mo.
- Sashank Varma: Professor in the department of educational psychology at the University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Law enforcers push for funding for early learning
August 31, 2010
- The case against summer vacation
August 10, 2010
- Study: Leadership in school admins plays huge role in performance
July 22, 2010
- "Forget What You Know About Good Study Habits," New York Times September 6, 2010
- About Roediger
- About Varma