Health expert sheds light on girl's death from rare infectionby Tom Crann, Minnesota Public Radio
St. Paul, Minn. — Memorial services were held Friday for a 7-year-old Stillwater girl who died from a brain infection contracted while swimming in Minnesota.
The State Health Department says Annie Bahneman died from an illness brought on by a warm-water amoeba called Naegleria fowleri.
Dr. Richard Danila, deputy epidemiologist for the Minnesota Department of Health, talked with MPR's Tom Crann about how a swimmer could become infected by this organism.
- All Things Considered, 08/27/2010, 5:20 p.m.