Fed chairman says economic outlook "inherently uncertain"
Broadcast: Midday, 08/27/2010, 11:00 a.m.
The economy slowed sharply in the second quarter, and fears are growing that a second recession and higher unemployment are looming. What are the options to fix the economy?
- Ed Lotterman: Economics professor, Augsburg College. Former regional economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Writes Real World Economics column for St. Paul Pioneer Press.
More from MPR
- Recovery in danger as firms, homebuyers cut back
August 25, 2010
- Franklin Avenue plan would create urban Indian cultural corridor
August 24, 2010
- Minnesota generating private sector jobs
August 23, 2010
- Gov candidates discuss business growth in Chamber debate
August 17, 2010