One woman's journey to civil rights
In 1961, Charlayne Hunter-Gault made civil rights history when she became the first African-American woman to enter the University of Georgia. Hunter-Gault, a foreign correspondent for National Public Radio, told her story at the 2010 Aspen Ideas Festival.
More from MPR
- Civil rights history takes stage at Guthrie
August 5, 2010
- St. Cloud's history of friction with outsiders
July 30, 2010
- Obama official: Civil rights division 'again open for business'
July 7, 2010
- Civil rights pioneer John Lewis
May 12, 2010
- Civil Rights group marks 50th anniversary
April 19, 2010