Will new dietary guidelines make a difference?
The latest guidelines for what Americans should eat were released this week. They are geared toward battling the obesity epidemic. But when there's such a disconnect between dietary recommendations and what Americans actually eat, will the guidelines make any difference?
- Donald Hensrud , MD: Chair of the division of preventive medicine at the Mayo Clinic. He's medical editor in chief of "The Mayo Clinic Diet."
- Linda Van Horn: Professor of preventative medicine at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. She chairs the advisory committee for the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Marianne Smith-Edge: Vice President of Food Safety and Nutrition at the International Food Information Council Foundation. She is past president of the American Dietetic Association.
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- About Donald Hensrud
- About Linda Van Horn
- International Food Information Council Foundation