Future of parks and public spaces
City and state government budgets are tight, so where does that leave parks? As it turns out, some parks go from a wild idea to reality with the help of private funds. Robert Hammond took an elevated rail track and turned it into one of the most talked about parks in New York City, the High Line.
- Robert Hammond: Co-founder and executive director of Friends of the High Line.
- Cecily Hines: President of the Minneapolis Parks Foundation.
More from MPR
- Plans finalized for new state park at Lake Vermilion
June 9, 2010
- $26 million in environmental projects to start in July
May 19, 2010
- Workshops on future of Minn. parks and trails set
April 27, 2010