Four injured in New Brighton shooting; suspect soughtby Elizabeth Dunbar, Minnesota Public Radio
St. Paul, Minn. — Police were still looking Monday for a man suspected of shooting and injuring four people at a New Brighton mobile home park the night before.
Police said they responded to the shooting shortly after 10:30 p.m. All four of those injured were shot outside a community building at Oak Grove Trailer Park where a birthday party had been held. Police said the shooting suspect demanded money before shooting the four people.
Three of the people shot were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance, and the fourth was transported to HCMC by an acquaintance, police said. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Several law enforcement agencies, including four SWAT teams searched Hansen Park near the trailer park for more than six hours but were unable to find the suspect, who is described as a 20- to 30-year-old man with a heavy build and wearing baggy clothing.
After performing a complete sweep of the park, police said they were talking to witnesses and asking anyone with information to contact them.
Tony Paetznick, New Brighton's deputy director of public safety, said the incident was unusual for the Twin Cities suburb.
"We've had very low crime rates in the city," Paetznick said. "This is an uptick certainly that we did not want to see in New Brighton. It's very rare to have four shooting victims."
The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is helping with the investigation.