Medical leaders and patients talk health care
St. Paul, Minn. — A televised summit involving both Democrats and Republicans last week intends to move a proposal to revamp health care closer to reality. But the problems of trying to achieve consensus at the grass roots level remain.
MPR's Kerri Miller hosted a forum in the UBS Forum on Feb. 23, which brought together medical leaders and patients to discuss health care reform.
- Roger Feldman: Blue Cross Professor of Health Insurance and Professor of Economics at the University of Minnesota.
- Mary Brainerd: CEO, HealthPartners
- Lisa Spatz, MD: Family practioner, Fairview Medicine
- Robert Nesse, MD: President and CEO of Franciscan Skemp Health
- Craig Bowron, MD: Hospitalist at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.