Does corporate cash sway politicians?
The U.S. Supreme Court's recent decision that opens the political process to more campaign donations from corporations is the subject of hearings on Capitol Hill. Some Democrats, including President Obama think the decision went too far in altering campaign finance law. But does campaign cash really influence how politicians act once in office?
- Richard Briffault: Joseph P. Chamberlain Professor of Legislation at Columbia University.
- Jeff Milyo: Economist at the University of Missouri.
- David Canon: Professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Richard Briffault's Biography
- Jeff Milyo's Biography
- David Canon's Biography
- Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board Website