Can a simple checklist reduce medical mistakes?
Surgeon and best-selling author Atul Gawande says a simple checklist can reduce the number of errors made in hospitals. Dr. Gawande discusses his new book, "The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right," at the Los Angeles Public Library's Aloud series.
More from MPR
- The difference between great doctors and average ones
May 3, 2007
- 11 Books That (Might) Make a Difference
July 20, 2005
- Preventing medical errors
August 19, 2003
- Medicine: the imperfect science
June 23, 2003
- A call for docs to use a checklist
January 11, 2010