Judge rules against unallotments
A portion of the billions of dollars in cuts Gov. Tim Pawlenty made to balance the budget last summer are now on hold. Ramsey District Court Judge Kathleen Gearin ruled that a $5.3 million food program cut from the budget should be restored. In question are the remaining cuts.
- Rep. Marty Seifert (R-Marshall): Former minority leader in the Minnesota House of Representatives. He's currently running for governor.
- Sen. Tarryl Clark (D-St. Cloud): Assistant majority leader in the Minnesota Senate. She is challenging Republican Michele Bachmann for Congress.
- David Lillehaug: Former Minnesota U.S. attorney. He's an attorney with Fredrikson and Byron.
- Sen. Julianne Ortman (R-Chanhassen): Serves on the Minnesota Senate Transportation committee.
More from MPR
- Judge rules against Pawlenty on budget cuts
December 30, 2009