Minn. swine flu deaths rise 1 in past week to 51
Minneapolis (AP) — The death of a Dakota County resident has raised Minnesota's death toll from the swine flu pandemic to 51.
Health officials say the victim was between the ages of 70 and 79 and had an underlying health issue.
The Minnesota Department of Health says the deaths of 51 Minnesotans have been linked to the H1N1 virus since May.
But in its weekly update Wednesday, the department also says flu activity is fading statewide. No schools reported flu outbreaks last week, nor did any long-term care facilities.
Health officials also report that another 63,500 doses of H1N1 vaccine that were distributed in Minnesota have been recalled because tests it's losing potency. The recall involves shipments of FluMist, the nasal spray, distributed to 188 sites across the state.