How will Instant Runoff Voting work?
Broadcast: Midday, 10/12/2009, 11:00 a.m.
MIDDAY offers a primer on what's also called Ranked Choice Voting, which will be used in the Minneapolis general election in November. St. Paul voters will decide if they want to employ IRV in future elections.
- Rachel Smith: Director of the Election Administration Project at the University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute's Center for the Study of Politics and Governance. Former elections manager for Anoka County.
- Curtis Gilbert: Minnsota Public Radio reporter and producer.
More from MPR
- Minneapolis election results will take weeks to count
October 9, 2009
- Video: Instant Runoff Voting Explained
May 11, 2009
- Mathematics expert: IRV not the answer
September 23, 2009
- Ritchie watching IRV in Minneapolis, other states
July 22, 2009
- Instant runoff voting campaign kicks off in St. Paul
July 23, 2009