Former Governor Carlson says state needs leadership now.
Speaking with former Vice President Walter Mondale at an event sponsored by the organization Growth and Justice, former Republican Governor Arne Carlson said Governor Pawlenty should buckle down and work with the legislature to address a "budget tsunami."
- Walter Mondale: U.S. Vice President (1977-1981), United States Senator (1967-1976), Minnesota Attorney General (1960-1964), US Ambassador to Japan (1993-1996), Unsuccessful candidate for US Senate in 1992.
- Arne Carlson: Governor of Minnesota (R) (1991-1999), State Auditor (1979-1990), State Representative (1971-1979),
More from MPR
- Current and former state legislators wrestle with budget concerns
September 8, 2009
- Past leaders suggest solutions to state budget woes
September 2, 2009
- DFL gubernatorial candidates candid about possible tax raises
September 23, 2009
- Mondale marks 25th anniversary of his presidential nomination
July 17, 2009
- about Governor Arne Carlson
- about Vice President & Senator Walter Mondale
- about the Growth & Justice organization