What did we learn from the president's health care address?
Two health care policy experts join Midday to analyze President Obama's speech last night to a joint session of Congress.
- Jan Malcolm: CEO of Courage Center. Former Minnesota Commissioner of Health 1999-2003. Formerly with Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Allina Health System and HealthPartners. Board member of Hennepin HealthCare System, Inc.
- Stephen Parente: Director of the Medical Industry Leadership Institute at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management. Consultant to UnitedHealth Group, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and the John McCain 2008 Presidential campaign.
More from MPR
- Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'
September 9, 2009
- Minnesota's delegate reacts to Obama's health care plan
September 10, 2009
- 'Senator Health' weighs in on reform controversy
August 20, 2009
- Is health care any better in other countries?
September 3, 2009