Long term unemployment
Broadcast: Midmorning, 08/26/2009, 9:06 a.m.
More people say they've been without a job for longer than a year. The deep recession may have ended back in June, but high unemployment, close to 10 percent may persist through much of 2010.
- Lawrence Mishel: President of the Economic Policy Institute.
- John Challenger: CEO of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, an outplacement firm.
- Economic Policy Institute analysis of latest unemployment figures
- Challenger, Gray & Christmas
- News Cut: The Unemployed series