Teddy Roosevelt: A "Wilderness Warrior"
Douglas Brinkley, author of "The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America" joins Midday to discuss the first naturalist president, and what impact his appreciation for nature still has today.
- Douglas Brinkley: Professor of history at Rice University; Fellow at James Baker III Institute for Public Policy; author of several books including "The Reagan Diaries," "The Great Deluge" and "Gerald R. Ford".
More from MPR
- Farms used as real world research labs
July 29, 2009
- Pawlenty, Doyle plan protections for St. Croix River
July 24, 2009
- Great Lakes water levels rebound after long slump
July 18, 2009
- Outdoors money paves way for state's largest forest preservation deal
July 16, 2009