Men losing more jobs than women in economic downturn
Two labor market experts join Midday to discuss a recent report from the state showing that men are losing more jobs than women in this recession -- and that in Minnesota the disparity is even greater.
- Amy Lindgren: Owner and founder of Prototype Career Service in St. Paul.
- Steve Hine: Labor Market Information Director at the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
More from MPR
- Groups demand MnDOT hire more women, minorities
July 24, 2009
- 3M 2nd-quarter profit slips as economy lags
July 23, 2009
- Area banks post 2Q profits; U.S. Bank down 76%
July 22, 2009
- Studies show women of color struggle to rise in law firms
July 16, 2009
- The DEED report on "Minnesota's He-cession"
- Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Prototype Career Service