The politics of health care reform
Broadcast: Midday, 07/16/2009, 11:00 a.m.
The author of a new book out this week, "The Heart of Power: Health and Politics in the Oval Office," joins Midday to discuss the history of health care reform and the current debate.
- James Morone: Professor of political science and urban studies at Brown University. He is a Puliter Prize-nominated nonfiction writer and has testified before Congress many times. Morone's earlier books include, "Healthy, Wealthy and Fair: Health Care for a Good Society," "Hellfire Nation," and "The Democratic Wish."
More from MPR
- 'The Dirty Rotten Secrets of Health Reform'
July 29, 2008
- Gingrich, Pawlenty pan health care proposal
July 16, 2009
- Quotes on health care reform from legislators
July 14, 2009
- Minnesota health care leaders optimistic about Obama plan
May 11, 2009
- The next step in market-based health care reforms
December 17, 2008