Unemployment and the economy
Broadcast: Midmorning, 07/07/2009, 9:06 a.m.
Amid signs of an economic recovery, there are still some troubling statistics for workers: Unemployment continues to rise, and paychecks for many people are not as fat as they used to be.
- Kenneth Troske: Professor of economics at the University of Kentucky.
- Josh Bivins: Economist at the Economic Policy Institute
- Sophia Koropeckyj: Labor economist at Moody's Economy.com.
More from MPR
- National jobless rate hits highest point in 26 years
July 2, 2009
- New jobless claims rise unexpectedly to 627K
June 25, 2009
- Jobless rate hits 9.4 percent in May; layoffs slow
June 5, 2009