Deadline for US troops out of Iraq cities
Broadcast: Midday, 06/30/2009, 11:00 a.m.
How will Iraqi police and military forces protect Iraqi citizens? Will relations between warring factions worsen or improve? When will all U.S. troops be out of Iraq?
- Stephen Van Evera: Professor of political science and international relations expert at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Former managing editor of the journal, "International Security." Van Evera is a native of Duluth, Minnesota.
- Ross Holtan: Iraq war veteran, U.S. Army. Deployed to Iraq Feb. 2004-March 2005. Now works at Camp Victory for the University of Maryland, coordinating college courses for soldiers in Iraq.
More from MPR
- 550 Minnesota Guard soldiers heading to Iraq
June 26, 2009
- U.S. troops withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30
June 29, 2009
- Summer camp helps soldiers' kids adjust
June 24, 2009
- Gen. Nash on MN Guard's mission in Iraq
June 17, 2009