GM bankruptcy on the horizon?
After months of trying to avoid bankruptcy, GM appears likely to file what could be the largest industrial bankruptcy in U.S. history. That will most likely mean closed factories and dealers told they no longer will receive GM cars. And the taxpayers will own a good part of two major car makers.
- David Welch: Detroit bureau chief for BusinessWeek magazine.
- Doug Sprinthall: Director of new car operations, Walser Automotive Group.
- John Pottow: Professor of law and bankruptcy expert at the University of Michigan.
More from MPR
- Minnesota GM dealers brace for bankruptcy
May 27, 2009
- Chrysler lists 20 dealers for closure in Minnesota
May 14, 2009
- Chrysler files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
April 30, 2009