Flu outbreak and the public health response
Midmorning gets an update on the extent of the flu outbreak in Minnesota. Though health departments had plans for dealing with a potentially deadly outbreak, this particular flu did not follow the rule book. Now health departments are moving faster to contain the spread.
- Ruth Lynfield, MD: Minnesota's state epidemiologist and medical director for infectious disease.
- Paul Jarris, MD: Executive director of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials.
- Eleanor Kinney: Law professor and co-director of the William S. and Christine S. Hall Center for Law and Health at Indiana University.
- Dirk Brockman: Associate professor of computer science at Northwestern University. He has come up with a computer model that predicts the movement of the H1N1 flu.
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Northwestern's computer simulations of pandemic
- About Eleanor Kinney
- Where's George
- Minnesota State Health Department