Legislature considers lifting moratorium on nuclear power in Minnesota
The Minnesota Senate voted to repeal the ban on nuclear power and Governor Pawlenty supports the repeal. The House is less likely to lift the ban. Two national experts debate the pros and cons of nuclear power. Should more of Minnesota's electricity be nuclear?
- Scott Peterson: Vice President of Communications, Nuclear Energy Institute.
- Peter Bradford: Adjunct professor of law at Vermont Law School, former member of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission; energy policy consultant at Bradford Brook Associates.
More from MPR
- Senate gives initial OK to new nuclear plants
April 2, 2009
- House energy panel votes to continue nuclear power moratorium
March 27, 2009
- Xcel Energy reacts to pullback of Nevada nuclear storage
March 3, 2009
- Xcel violated safety regulations
February 16, 2009
- NRC staff to visit Prairie Island nuclear plant
February 15, 2009
- Governor reports on climate change pollution
February 12, 2009