An update on the Red River flooding
Broadcast: Midday, 03/27/2009, 11:00 a.m.
A climatologist, a longtime river hydrologist, and MPR reporter Dan Gunderson give us the latest information on the 2009 Red River flooding, as well as some history and lessons learned from past Minnesota floods.
- Mark Seeley: Climatologist and meterologist, University of Minnesota.
- Mike Anderson: Hydrologist, North Central River Forecast Center, National Weather Service, 1979-2008.
- Dan Gunderson: Minnesota Public Radio reporter in MPR Moorhead Bureau since 1987. Gunderson also reported extensively on the 1997 flood.
More from MPR
- Fargo emergency flood plans
March 26, 2009
- The geology of the Red River flood plain
March 25, 2009
- Red River flood: Resources and links
March 23, 2009
- more about Mark Seeley
- more about MPR's Dan Gunderson
- River Forecast Center, National Weather Service,