The impact of the 1944 G.I. Bill
Suzanne Mettler, political science professor at Cornell University, discusses the impact of the 1944 G.I. Bill on the lives of World War II veterans.
Mettler is the author of "Soldiers to Citizens: The G.I. Bill and the Making of the Greatest Generation," which won the Kammerer Award as well as the Greenstone Prize of the Politics and History section of the American Political Science Association.
Mettler spoke recently at the Minnesota History Center.
More from MPR
- Obama's budget: huge ambitions, huge obstacles
February 28, 2009
- Officials tout improvements at veterans home
January 21, 2009
- World War II vets talking more about horrors of combat
January 12, 2009
- Federal money to fund Minn. highway improvements
February 25, 2009
- Upbeat Obama says U.S. will revive past 'reckoning'
February 24, 2009