Bailout plan for homeowners
St. Paul, Minn. — Obama announces his mortgage aid plan this week, but both homeowners and the markets are skeptical that the goverment's $50 billion proposal can slow the increasing rates of foreclosure.
Further resources and information:
- Fannie Mae -What to do if you're falling behind in your mortgage
- Searchable list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies by state
- HUD foreclosure timeline
- Fannie Mae - Avoiding foreclosure scams
- Minnesote Home Ownership Center
- Glossary of foreclosure terms
- NeighborWorks America
- Lori Montgomery: is a financial reporter for the Washington Post.
- Cheryl Peterson: manager of the Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity foreclosure counseling service in Minneapolis.
More from MPR
- Coalition calls for mortorium on foreclosures
February 16, 2009
- Study: Many minorities cut out of prime loan market
February 12, 2009