Dawn of the new Congress
The 111th Congress will be sworn in on Tuesday.
Congressional leaders almost certainly face quick action on the economy, with promises -- if not prospects -- of bipartisanship. And the Minnesota delegation heads to Washington one member short.
Political scientist Steven Smith of Washington University joins Midday's Gary Eichten with a preview.
- Steven Smith: Director of the Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government and Public Policy at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
More from MPR
- National panel wants higher gas taxes to fund highways
January 1, 2009
- Officials: tracking bailout money is difficult
December 31, 2008
- Defying Senate, Ill. governor names Obama replacement
December 30, 2008
- No winner in Senate race until 2009
December 23, 2008
- President Bush: Automakers to get $17.4 billion
December 19, 2008