More Aurora Borealis predicted
Northern lights may be returning to most of Minnesota's skies in the coming years. That's because the sun is expected to be creating more weather in space, throwing off clouds of magnetized particles that have the power to turn dark skies into ribbons of color...and disrupt the GPS systems we've come to rely upon.
- David Murr: Associate professor of physics at Augsburg College
- Doug Biesecker: Physicist and lead section for research, NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.
- Space Weather Prediction Center
- Sun activity photos at NASA's Solar Data Analysis Center
- Augsburg College Physics department