How to fix a 'hot, flat and crowded' world
Thomas Friedman says the current green movement is no revolution, and that it will take strong American leadership -- and some pain -- to destabilize global climate change.
He outlines his proposals in a new book, "Hot, Flat and Crowded."
Friedman spoke recently at the "Biodiversity in a Rapidly Changing World," conference organized by the National Council for Science and the Environment.
More from MPR
- Voices on the environment
December 5, 2008
- High hopes for the environment
November 17, 2008
- How good behavior equals good business
June 29, 2007
- The ethics of technology in the
June 4, 2007
- Green goes main street
February 22, 2007
- Finding work on the flat Earth
June 13, 2006
- One of the most influential books of the year
December 30, 2005
- The swiftly flattening planet
June 20, 2005